Lee Ann Clement
The Mayor with confirmation from the Board of Aldermen appoints the Clerk. Mrs. Clement’s office has a dual role as Clerk of the Board of Aldermen and Clerk of the Municipality (Town of Lake Providence).
Clerk of the Board of Aldermen Responsibilities
- Developing docket for, recording and keeping the transcripts of all proceedings of the Board
- Keep a book entitled “Ordinances of Town of Lake Providence” in which the original of every adopted ordinance is filed immediately after its passage with a note containing date of enactment and reference to book and page of Board’s meeting minutes containing the adoption.
- Publish each ordinance adopted by the Board in the official journal of the municipality.
Clerk of the Town of Lake Providence Responsiblities
- Keep charge of all papers and documents of the Town that include executive and administrative orders of the Mayor.
- Attest to leases and deeds of the Town property, grants, agreements, bonds, tax notes, and other forms of obligation of the Town.
- Record and keep transcripts of all proceedings of the Municipal Court and attests to all.
- Serve as auditor to enter and preserve accounts of each fund and account of each municipal officer.
- Collect, account for, and pay over all taxes levied by the municipality and all other duties as required by the law of collectors of state and parish taxes.
- Custodian of municipal seal.